NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Weighed down by uncertainty in Europe, fears about the fiscal cliff and weakness in the PC market, this has hardly been a stellar earnings season in Silicon Valley, although Amazon (AMZN), Qualcomm (QCOM) and EMC (EMC) could offer bruised investors something to cheer about in 2013.
"It's not very bright for tech overall, because there's a strong anticipation of a continued downturn in Europe and a prolonged fear of a fiscal cliff," said Jeff Sica, founder and chief investment officer of Sica Wealth Management.
From online retail to smartphone components and storage, though, there are opportunities for investors. Set against this backdrop, Amazon, Qualcomm and EMC all well positioned for the coming year.
"Amazon is so far ahead of its
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV