The markdowns of these items start before Thanksgiving, but don't tend to make it too far into December.
The folks at Dealnews saw a 35% spike in cookware markdowns from October to November 2011, so this is your moment to updates your pans, countertop appliances and other kitchen toys. Unfortunately, you're kind of in the same predicament as your hardware-seeking friends. The discount stores are going to be swarmed with amateurs and shops such as Williams-Sonoma (WSM), Sur la Table, Crate & Barrel and even Bed, Bath and Beyond ( BBBY) are either in swarmed shopping centers or will force you to contend with Black Friday sales of their own. In Bed, Bath and Beyond's case, you'll be fighting folks seeking 20% off their entire order and 25% off Dyson vacuums.If you have an out-of-the-way outlet you know about, go for it, but we can't promise you'll avoid the madness altogether. -- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV