Last year's Black Friday fell on Nov. 25 and, according to automobile pricing site TrueCar, was the best day to buy a new vehicle in 2011. Car prices were down 9.5% on average from their manufacturer's suggested retail price, while folks who bought a 2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor that day got it for 23% less than its list price.
With car sales up as a whole this year, Black Friday discounts aren't quite as generous, but they're still available. The average discount is down to 6.3%, TrueCar says, but folks shopping around for a pickup get the biggest average discount of all at 11.6%. Chrysler's entire 2012 line of Ram trucks is selling for 12.3% less than its sticker price, while the 2012 Chevy (GM) Silverado 1500 has 14.4% knocked off of its price.While Ford (F) is knocking 11% off its entire 2012 line -- including the Focus (9.2%), Econoline cargo van (12.1%), Expedition (12.1%) and Lincoln MKX (11.9%) and MKZ (13.1%) -- Volkswagen seems most eager to get its lots cleared before the holiday ends. The 15% price cut on its 2012 Routan Minivan and $6,500 dealer cash for remaining 2011 Routan models are the biggest Black Friday deals in the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV