Thanksgiving travel's all over but the hectic flights home and it's already way too late for the winter holidays.
If you have nothing better to do between Nov. 27 and Dec. 12, though, you're just the person the airlines are looking for. For reasons pretty well spelled out, almost nobody flies on these days and airlines drop prices like mad just to fill seats.Priceline (PCLN) keeps track of the best days to fly throughout the year and those dates (with the exception of the Sundays of Dec. 2 and 9) are big, green pastures of open seats and low fares. AirTran offered a $59 one-way sale last week just to get rid of some of that late November/early December stock, while American is still offering $209 round-trip ski airfare to Vail, Colo. Many of the better deals went out the door on Monday, but there are still lots of options to pick through.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV