La. Agency Providing Info For Hostess Workers
ALEXANDRIA, La. (AP) â¿¿ Louisiana's labor department will hold orientation sessions for employees losing their jobs because of the closure of Hostess Brands Inc.
The Louisiana Workforce Commission said Hostess Brands employed 419 people in Louisiana. Four orientation sessions have been set in the Alexandria area, where Hostess employed more than 200. The commission said other sessions will be scheduled in other areas of Louisiana.
Commission staff at the sessions will tell workers about re-employment services and explain unemployment insurance benefits and eligibility.
The four Alexandria sessions are set for Saturday at the Central Louisiana Business Incubator. The first will be held at 8:30 a.m.Hostess got the OK from a bankruptcy judge this week to begin shutting down after failing to reach agreement to end a strike by a bakers' union.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV