Federal Help To Conn. For Sandy Tops $7.6 Million
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) â¿¿ Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says Connecticut residents have received more than $7.6 million in federal help with disaster expenses related to Superstorm Sandy.
He says 9,164 residents in Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven and New London counties, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and Mohegan Tribal Nation have registered for federal help.
Most of the money â¿¿ about $7.3 million â¿¿ has been approved for housing assistance, including short-term rental assistance and home repair costs.
In addition, 6,883 disaster loan applications have been issued by the federal Small Business Administration.The Hartford Courant reports that William Lehman, a spokesman for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, says that when property inspections are complete and paperwork is submitted, approved residents can receive help in three to five business days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV