RIM Laps Up BlackBerry 10 Love
RIM showed off a prototype of its next-generation BlackBerry smartphone, dubbed the Dev Alpha B, at its BlackBerry Jam event in September.
Key features of BlackBerry 10 include BlackBerry Flow, which allows "seamless navigation" across open applications, according to the Waterloo, Ontario-based firm. RIM is also making a song and dance about BlackBerry Hub, which consolidates messages, notifications, feeds, and calendar events. The Hub lets users access these services with a simple gesture, regardless of what they are doing with the device.
Other new features include BlackBerry Keyboard, which RIM's touting as a way to help users type faster and more accurately, and BlackBerry Balance, which keeps personal apps and information separate from work data.
RIM said that its Jan. 30 launch event will happen simultaneously in multiple countries around the world. As well as marking the official launch of the new BlackBerry 10 platform, RIM will also unveil its first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones.--Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. was a gainer in pre-market trading on Wednesday, rising 1.51% to $148.1 after the company's third-quarter earnings beat, announced on Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV