Time to Hang Up on RIM?
Frankly, on the surface, RIMM shares still look cheap to me. However, there's another side to this story, and one that I need to consider in this equation. As I mentioned in my last column on RIMM, I am a BlackBerry user, on the business and personal side. I am also due for an upgrade, and probably will not wait for the BlackBerry 10.
I am also not inclined to "upgrade" to one of the current models, despite the fact that it would still be an improvement on my current device. I may be on the version of making the switch to an Android device, or perhaps the iPhone.
If I, the non-technically savvy deep-value investor, am contemplating making the switch, how many others out there have done or will do the same? Perhaps the BlackBerry 10 will be the saving grace for Research In Motion, but I, for one, can't wait until January.
Looks like I'll be converting, right or wrong. Time for a change.At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV