A spokesperson for the bank that has been plagued with scandal for the greater part of this year said that the staff had shown a clear preference for the iPad over other tablets, according to the report.
The iPad will be used to "assist our branch colleagues to interact with customers , improving the customer experience."
Barclays will use an app called Mortgage Brain that was specifically designed for the iPad and is co-owned by six banks including Barclays Woolwich, RBS, Virgin Money, Santander, Lloyds and Nationwide.The purchase was made through dealer Insight UK, who confirmed that there was "significant interest in the take up of Apple iPads in a large enterprise." The large-scale buy is being seen as a blow to Microsoft (MSFT), which just launched its tablet, Surface. --Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV