BOGOTA, Colombia, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chief Executive Officer of Ecopetrol S.A. (NYSE: EC; BVC: ECOPETROL; TSX: ECP) (“Ecopetrol” or the “Company”) hereby calls on Shareholders to attend the extraordinary shareholders' meeting to be held on Thursday, December 6th, 2012, starting at 7:30 a.m. at Ecopetrol's auditorium located in Cra. 13 No. 36 – 24, Bogota, Colombia.
The agenda of the meeting will be:
- Safety guidelines
- Quorum verification
- Opening by the Chief Executive Officer of Ecopetrol S.A.
- Approval of the agenda
- Appointment of the President for the meeting
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of scrutinizing elections and polling
- Appointment of the Commission in charge of reviewing and approving the minutes of the meeting
- Election of the Board of Directors (originated in the fourth position vacancy due to the recent appointment of Mr. Federico Rengifo Velez as Minister of Mines and Energy)
The resumes of the current directors and the candidate nominated by the majority shareholder for the fourth position are available on Ecopetrol's Web site.Shareholders that are not able to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting may be represented through a proxy, granted in writing, pursuant to the requirements provided for under Colombian Corporate Law (article 184 of the Commerce Code). In order to facilitate the fulfillment of these requirements, shareholders are allowed to download from the website, various proxy models that have been designed for each relevant case. Except for the cases of legal representation, officers and employees of Ecopetrol S.A. shall not be entitled to represent shares other than their own, while in exercise of their posts, nor shall be allowed to substitute the powers of attorney conferred upon them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV