- Phishing attempts using this information can be used to gain trust in order to obtain non-public information through online conversations. A Portland company was attacked with false Better Business Bureau complaints to obtain info about the company and its employees.
- GPS enabled phones sharing your location can reveal sensitive information like your home address, work address and places you visit.
- Ninety-five percent of Facebook profiles have apps permitted; many of which can be used for malicious and criminal purposes.
- False profiles fuel resume fraud or defamation of character. A reporter recently was defamed via profile to include misleading posts and intellectually inconsistent political positions.
- An American soldier abroad in Iraq discovered his bank account was repeatedly being accessed online and drained with nothing more than his name, e-mail and Facebook profile.
MyPermissions Puts Security Back In Hands Of Users
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.