MyPermissions Puts Security Back In Hands Of Users
NEW YORK, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- You need a cleaner to look after you when accepting "permission requests." And now it is here, with the launch of MyPermissions ( https://mypermissions.com/?utm_source=permissions_story), the cleaner that puts app security where it belongs: you.
All this year there has been a ton of research revealing how identity theft affects many more millions than originally thought, costing victims countless hours and money in recovery and repair. What causes online fraud? Combination of a lack of consumer knowledge regarding protecting one's identity online; growing comfort with, and trust in, social platform providers; the need for social platforms to generate revenue; and a lack of standards or policing of these standards.
- Phishing attempts using this information can be used to gain trust in order to obtain non-public information through online conversations. A Portland company was attacked with false Better Business Bureau complaints to obtain info about the company and its employees.
- GPS enabled phones sharing your location can reveal sensitive information like your home address, work address and places you visit.
- Ninety-five percent of Facebook profiles have apps permitted; many of which can be used for malicious and criminal purposes.
- False profiles fuel resume fraud or defamation of character. A reporter recently was defamed via profile to include misleading posts and intellectually inconsistent political positions.
- An American soldier abroad in Iraq discovered his bank account was repeatedly being accessed online and drained with nothing more than his name, e-mail and Facebook profile.
That's where MyPermissions steps in.
MyPermissions automatically scans permissions - and alerts users when new apps gain access to personal info from the cloud. When a user wants to revoke new access, they simply communicate with MP in one click and the tool acts as a "cleaner" and rids them of insecure or unwanted permissions that have been unknowingly granted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV