RIM, Apple, Groupon: Tech Premarket
RIM was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 753,399.
Last week, RIM confirmed that its much-delayed BlackBerry 10 technology will debut at a launch event on Jan. 30, 2013.
Shares of Apple (AAPL), which announced a slew of Black Friday deals, rose 0.44% in premarket trading to reach $564.17 on share volume of 14,767.As part of the promotion, pricing for Apple's iPad with Retina Display starts at $458, down from $499. Pricing for the iPad 2 starts at $368, down from $399, while pricing for the fourth-generation iPod Touch starts at $178, down from $199. Apple is offering Black Friday deals on 19 products and accessories. Groupon (GRPN) shares, which closed up 15.13% during the last day of trading before the Thanksgiving break, rose 1.55% to reach $3.94. The daily deals site was another active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 12,620. Intel (INTC) shares rose 0.72% to $19.50 on volume of 12,577, while Microsoft (MSFT) gained 0.56% to $27.10 on volume of 11,675. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV