Germany Business Confidence Rises Unexpectedly
BERLIN -- A closely-watched survey has found business confidence in Germany unexpectedly rising this month following six straight declines.
Munich's Ifo institute reported Friday that its key business climate figure rose to 101.4 points in November from 100 in October. Economists had been predicting a modest drop to 99.5.
Germany's economy, Europe's biggest, has recovered strongly from its deep recession in 2008-09 despite the mounting debt problems on its doorstep. However, there have been recent signs that its export-driven economy is beginning to slow amid weakening demand from other countries.
Earlier this month, the German government's panel of independent economic advisers forecast that the economy will grow by only 0.8% this year and next.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV