DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded the 2013 Ford Focus its top safety rating, a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP)
- The Focus was designed to with safety in mind with its next-generation airbags and AdvanceTrac® with electronic stability control
- The driver's side airbag uses a specially designed curve-shaped tether system that pulls in the lower section to create a "pocket" to help lessen the impact of the airbag on the driver's chest and ribs in frontal crashes
The 2013 Ford Focus received a top safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Focus earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in NHTSA's New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing, which combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and a resistance to rollover evaluation
"The new Focus is another example of Ford's commitment to safety and NHTSA's NCAP program has recognized this fact," said Steve Kenner, global director of the Automotive Safety Office. "The Focus is built with technologies from bumper to bumper to help reduce occupant injury risk when a crash is unavoidable."
Focus was designed with next-generation front and side airbag technologies to tailor deployment to individual occupants. Focus also includes segment-exclusive Safety Canopy® curtain airbags.
The driver's airbag uses a specially designed curve-shaped tether system that pulls in the lower section to create a "pocket" to help lessen the impact of the airbag on the driver's chest and ribs in frontal crashes. Innovative seat mounted side airbags feature unique shoulder vents which are designed to line up with the shoulder area of a larger occupant keeping the side airbag from venting. On smaller passengers, the effect is just the opposite because the occupant's shoulder is below the vent, the gas vents out of the airbag.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV