Tennent's Captures 'Scotland To A T' With Launch Of Iconic New Pint Glass
GLASGOW, Scotland, November 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
'Shaggy cows needing haircuts...Gold medal winning thighs...Sun's Oot Taps aff!'
The nation has spoken! And after over 3000 entries, a nationwide tour and weeks of debate to select 36 winning comments....Scotland's favourite pint Tennent's Lager has today (22 nd November) unveiled its much anticipated Scotland pint glass in time for St Andrew's Day celebrations.
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major new beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a new premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients.
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market).
- This summer three of Tennent Caledonian's flagship products were part of a unique Scotland House showcase for the 2012 Olympic Games. As the eyes of the world turned to London, Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Tennent's Original Export were amongst the very finest food and drink on offer in the city. The Scotland House initiative was hosted by the Scottish Government with partners including Scotland Food & Drink.
- In September 2012 the Tennent's Original Export outdoor billboard campaign scooped a series of accolades at the Scottish Creative Awards, including the Grand Prix award, 48 or 96 Sheet Poster, Art Direction and the Outdoor Campaign Awards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV