Phone Briefing: Heated Discussion Expected For Upcoming Western And Central Pacific Fisheries Meeting
Multibillion-dollar tuna management body at a crossroads
WASHINGTON, Nov. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pew Environment Group will host a media phone briefing on the upcoming meeting of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC) in Manila, Philippines. The briefing will take place Tuesday, Nov. 27.
Twenty-five member WCPFC governments will gather Dec. 2-6 to discuss conservation and management of tuna in the western and central Pacific Ocean, the source for more than half of the world's tuna. They also will take up management measures for several species of threatened sharks and explore possible solutions to illegal fishing. In addition, Pew experts attending the Manila meeting will provide an overview of economic and environmental issues related to tuna, sharks, and illegal fishing. A question-and-answer session will follow brief remarks by the speakers.
WHAT: Tele-press briefing on WCPFCWHEN: Tuesday, Nov. 27, 8 p.m. EST ( New York) Wednesday, Nov. 28, 0100 GMT/ 9 a.m. PHT ( Manila)/ 12 p.m. noon EDT ( Sydney) WHO:
- Gerald Leape, Pew's WCPFC delegation lead, will give a brief overview and touch on actions the WCPFC can take to crack down on illegal fishing.
- Amanda Nickson, director of global tuna conservation for the Pew Environment Group, will address the key tuna issues on the WCPFC agenda.
- Elizabeth Wilson, manager of global shark conservation for the Pew Environment Group, will speak about shark conservation measures that the WCPFC may consider.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV