Canadians Living With Osteoporosis Have Access To A New Treatment Option
Provinical Governments List Aclasta on Public Drug Plans
TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - Osteoporosis Canada congratulates the Ontario government, the New Brunswick government, the Saskatchewan government and the British Columbia government for providing access to a new osteoporosis medication. Aclasta ( zoledronic acid) is now available on public and private drug plans in Ontario, BC, SK, and NB meaning Canadians at high risk for fractures have access to increased treatment options.
"With the announcement of Aclasta available on public and private drug plans, individuals living with osteoporosis in these provinces will have access to another option for the treatment of this debilitating disease," said Dr. Famida Jiwa, president and CEO, Osteoporosis Canada. "While Osteoporosis Canada applauds the many provincial governments for increasing access, the organization continues to work with other provinces and territories to ensure that all patients with osteoporosis have options and access to the medications they need."
The Criteria for AclastaAll Osteoporosis patients in Ontario, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and New Brunswick covered by their provincial drug plan or by private drug plans now have access to Aclasta, a new treatment for those with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture. Aclasta is recommended for
- The treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, as a once-yearly intravenous infusion, to reduce the incidence of hip, vertebral and non-vertebral fractures
- The treatment to increase bone mineral density in men with osteoporosis, as a once-yearly intravenous infusion
- The treatment and prevention of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis, to increase bone mineral density, as a once-yearly intravenous infusion
- The prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis in women with osteopenia as a single intravenous infusion
- The treatment of Paget's disease of the bone in men and women, as a single-dose intravenous infusion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV