Canadians Living With Osteoporosis Have Access To A New Treatment Option
Provinical Governments List Aclasta on Public Drug Plans
TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - Osteoporosis Canada congratulates the Ontario government, the New Brunswick government, the Saskatchewan government and the British Columbia government for providing access to a new osteoporosis medication. Aclasta ( zoledronic acid) is now available on public and private drug plans in Ontario, BC, SK, and NB meaning Canadians at high risk for fractures have access to increased treatment options.
"With the announcement of Aclasta available on public and private drug plans, individuals living with osteoporosis in these provinces will have access to another option for the treatment of this debilitating disease," said Dr. Famida Jiwa, president and CEO, Osteoporosis Canada. "While Osteoporosis Canada applauds the many provincial governments for increasing access, the organization continues to work with other provinces and territories to ensure that all patients with osteoporosis have options and access to the medications they need."
The Criteria for AclastaAll Osteoporosis patients in Ontario, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and New Brunswick covered by their provincial drug plan or by private drug plans now have access to Aclasta, a new treatment for those with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture. Aclasta is recommended for
- The treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, as a once-yearly intravenous infusion, to reduce the incidence of hip, vertebral and non-vertebral fractures
- The treatment to increase bone mineral density in men with osteoporosis, as a once-yearly intravenous infusion
- The treatment and prevention of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis, to increase bone mineral density, as a once-yearly intravenous infusion
- The prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis in women with osteopenia as a single intravenous infusion
- The treatment of Paget's disease of the bone in men and women, as a single-dose intravenous infusion
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts