TSX: TVI OTCQX: TVIPF
CALGARY, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - TVI Pacific Inc. (TSX: TVI) (OTCQX: TVIPF) ("TVI" or "the Company") is proud to announce that its Philippine operating affiliate, TVI Resource Development (Phils.), Inc. ("TVIRD"), has received multiple, prestigious awards during the 2012 Presidential Mineral Industry Environmental Awards ("PMIEA") held during the National Mine Safety and Environment Conference in Baguio City.
- Winner - Presidential Mineral Industry Environment Award - Platinum Award
- Winner - Safest Surface Mining Operation
- Winner - Safest Mineral Processing, Concentrator Category
- 3 rd runner up - Best Mining Forest, Metallic Category
TVIRD was presented with a Platinum Award for Excellence in Environmental Management by the PMIEA Selection Committee led by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources ("DENR"). This is a step-up from last year's Titanium Award in the same category and was the highest level awarded at this year's conference.
These awards are conferred each year by the PMIEA to mining companies that demonstrate outstanding levels of dedication, initiative and innovation in the pursuit of excellence in environmental management. Established in 1997, the award recognizes the social and environment initiatives and achievements by the private sector in the mining industry.The awards highlight the Philippine mineral industry's continuing commitment to the environment, social development, safety and health, as an integral part of mineral resources development. The scope of environmental management includes programs/projects being implemented for the environmental protection and enhancement of mining areas, development of the host and neighboring communities, land use improvement, exploration and mine site rehabilitation, and final decommissioning. Previous PMIEA awards include:
- Titanium Award for Excellence in Environmental Management (2011, 2010)
- Safest Mining Operation (2011)
- Safest Surface Mining Operation (2011)
- Safest Mineral Processing, Concentrator Category (2011, 2010)
- Mining Forest Award, Metallic Category (2010)
- Health and Safety Award (2010)