OSC Panel Issues Sanctions Against Richvale Resource Corp. And Pasquale Schiavone
TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - A panel of the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) today released its Reasons and Decision on Sanctions and Costs, permanently banning Richvale Resource Corp. (Richvale) and its president, Pasquale Schiavone (Schiavone), from trading in securities for their roles in a mining fraud that bilked 27 Canadian investors out of $753,000.
In today's decision, the OSC panel observed that "the Respondents cannot be trusted to participate in the capital markets." Accordingly, the OSC panel ordered that Schiavone pay an administrative penalty of $300,000. Schiavone and Richvale were also ordered to jointly and severally pay a further $378,666 in disgorgement and costs.
The OSC panel found in its decision on the merits, released April 25, 2012, that of the $753,000 raised from investors, Richvale used only 6 per cent of that amount for mining claims. The remainder of the Richvale investor funds went to cash withdrawals, sales commissions, payments to directors, officers or employees, and undocumented loans to friends of employees. According to the OSC panel, "Richvale had no underlying legitimate business."
The remaining respondents in this matter, who settled with the Commission on October 14, 2011, were ordered to disgorge the remainder of the funds obtained as a result of the fraud.A copy of the Reasons for Decision on Sanctions and Costs are available on the OSC website at www.osc.gov.on.ca. The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in capital markets. Investors are urged to check the registration of any person or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC's investor materials available at www.osc.gov.on.ca SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV