NY Tax Revenues Dwindling Even Before Sandy Impact
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) â¿¿ The comptroller's review of state tax revenues shows collections were $170.8 million below expectations in October even before Superstorm Sandy hit New York.
That gap is based on estimate revisions made in July. October's revenues were more than $259 million below the initial estimate contained in the state budget that was adopted in April.
The storm disrupted businesses for weeks and many could take months recover. That saps state revenue from business and income taxes. Meanwhile, the state's costs in unemployment insurance for 50,000 more workers put out of work by Sandy is rising along with social service costs for victims.Gov. Andrew Cuomo says the overall cost in property and economic loss will be $30 billion from Sandy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV