Funding Axed, But Electricity Organization Has No Plans To Turn Out The Lights
We need to collaborate at all levels to proactively address these issues and EHRC provides the forum for that collaboration to take place."
"Over the next few years" said Branigan, "EHRC will continue to expand the services and research it provides to the electricity industry, and ensure HR needs, resources and strategies are effectively communicated to the industry at large".
Why is EHRC's Work So Important?
Electricity is one of Canada's essential utilities. More than 100,000 Canadians are involved in generating, transmitting and distributing it.However, in the face of changing demographics and technology, the industry's highly skilled workforce needs to grow and adapt. By meeting these challenges, the industry can secure Canada's long-term electricity supply. How EHRC Helps Build a Better Workforce EHRC works to strengthen the ability of the Canadian electricity industry to meet current and future needs for their workforce - one that is highly skilled, safety-focused, diverse and productive. Its mandate:
- Conduct and disseminate valuable research about human resources in Canada's electricity industry.
- Help the industry create and sustain a skilled and diverse labour force.
- Promote awareness of career and employment opportunities in the industry.
- Develop partnerships that better enable the industry to meet its human resources needs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts