7. What is the total energy capacity of a given country; what are past trends and what is the future growth outlook?
8. Which countries are most dependent on net electricity imports?
9. Which countries have existing solar capacity and what are the accessible market expectations through to 2020?
10. How large is the LCOE gap between conventional fuels and solar projects?
A few examples of possible scenarios :
1. Which are the most stable markets in
with low electrification or significant distribution issues?
2. Which markets in
would be most suitable for residential, off-grid solar installations?
3. Which markets in
are likely to show the most growth in solar capacity through to 2020?
4. What are the most supportive markets for solar from a financing, policy and general business support perspective?
5. Which Latin American markets have high solar potential but have the highest investment risk?
SOLAR POWER : GLOBAL MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS MODEL
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 Solar Attractiveness Model (Excel 2007)
1 User Guide (PDF)
The model is fully interactive and comes complete with a detailed user guide. Irrespective of users' experience with Excel, complex scenarios can be built and reviewed quickly and easily and customisation (either by advanced Excel users or on request from Energici Holdings Inc) is possible.
SOLAR ATTRACTIVENESS MODEL
The model consists of 4 main sections spread across 10 tabs in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet.
Over 19,000 datapoints assigned to 120 indicators distributed across 26 categories (see below) and 214 geographic entities. All data is fully sourced and referenced.
Every indicator can be weighted to increase its relative contribution to a scenario. Scoring parameters for indicators are also fully editable to reflect the requirements or sensitivities of any given scenario.