U.S. Distributor Appointed For Bioniche's Immunocidin(TM) Canine Oncology Therapy
- Vedco, Inc. of St. Joseph, Missouri selected as U.S. distributor -
BELLEVILLE, ON, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Bioniche Life Sciences Inc. (TSX: BNC) (ASX: BNC), a research-based, technology-driven Canadian biopharmaceutical company, today announced that it has appointed an exclusive U.S. distributor for its Immunocidin TM canine oncology therapy: St. Joseph, Missouri-based Vedco, Inc. Immunocidin TM was launched at the annual U.S. Veterinary Cancer Society conference in October of this year.
Immunocidin TM is based on the Company's proprietary mycobacterial cell wall technology, the same platform from which its Phase III product for human bladder cancer ( Urocidin TM ) was derived. Immunocidin TM is indicated as an immunotherapy for the intratumoral treatment of mixed mammary tumor and mammary adenocarcinoma in dogs. The product has received regulatory approval in Canada and the U.S. and is expected to be launched in Canada in January, 2013.
Vedco will begin immediate distribution of Immunocidin TM to veterinarians via its group of member distributors which includes Butler Schein Animal Health, Merritt Veterinary Supply, Miller Veterinary Supply, MWI Veterinary Supply, Penn Veterinary Supply and Webster Veterinary Supply."We are pleased to have Vedco, Inc. as our U.S. distribution partner for this product," said Mr. Andrew Grant, President, Bioniche Animal Health (global). "Vedco is known for its broad and respected distribution network, comprising more than 1,000 sales representatives throughout the U.S." Unlike commonly used canine oncology therapies, such as chemotherapy, Immunocidin TM does not require special handling and can be used by veterinarians in their own clinics, either alone or in combination with other therapies. About Canine Cancer Canine cancer is the leading disease-related cause of death in dogs, with approximately one in four dying of cancer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV