NY Audit Finds Painkiller Prescription Errors
The audit report said the Health Department response included several statements "that minimize the significance" of its findings and said officials shouldn't be too quick to dismiss the impact when a relatively tiny diversion could translate into thousands of dangerous drugs dispensed improperly.
The statewide electronic prescription database was first proposed by state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman partly to prevent doctor shopping by addicts and dealers who resell drugs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV