Unemployment Rates Drop Across Wisconsin Cities
MADISON, Wis. (AP) â¿¿ Unemployment rates fell in all but one Wisconsin city and county last month.
The state Department of Workforce Development released a report Wednesday that shows rates fell in 31 of the state's 32 largest cities between September and October. The only city where unemployment didn't drop was Superior, where it remained unchanged at 5.4 percent.
Racine had the highest unemployment rate at 10 percent. Caledonia had the lowest at 2.8 percent.
Unemployment also fell in 71 of the state's 72 counties. Unemployment in Iron County increased a tenth of a percent to 9.1 percent.The data isn't seasonally adjusted and is subject to significant revision. The statewide seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in October was 6.9 percent, down from 7.3 percent in October 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV