Deals that are being offered by retailers offer valuable insight for investors looking for products that could be a hit this season. If it were like any other holiday season in the past, technology gadgets will once again be on everyone’s wish-list. Yet without anything substantially new in technology entertainment, old products might take the spotlight because they will be heavily discounted.
Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season, which can generate as much as 40% of a company’s total annual retail sales. We feel this important event deserves a closer look:
Below are some of the Black Friday deals to look at.
Microsoft (MSFT) XBox
- At Wal-mart (WMT), a Microsoft (MSFT) 4GB Xbox 360 with a wireless controller and the game Skylanders will be sold for $149.99.
- For $50 more, Best Buy (BBY) is selling a 250GB Xbox 360 for $199.99. The console will have Skyrim and Forza 4: Essentials Edition.
- At Target (TGT), Microsoft Stores, and Amazon.com (AMZN), for $199.99, a 4GB Xbox will include a Kinect sensor and Kinect Disneyland Adventures.
- GameStop (GME) is selling a 250GB Xbox for $249.99. It will include Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 from Activision (ATVI).
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) shares are not yet finding a bottom, after closing at $12.85 recently. Sam’s Club is offering a 14-inch Sleekbook laptop for $399 (6GB RAM, 500GB hard drive, LED display, Intel Core i5 CPU and Windows 8).
- Samsung’s Galaxy S III, which runs Google’s (GOOG) Android, is selling for $0.96 on a two-year contract.
- An LG (LPL) Blue-ray player is $38.
- Apple’s (AAPL) iTunes 4x$25 multipack (worth $100 gift card is $79.88.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV