Saks Fifth Avenue represents some of the higher end retailers, including Nordstrom (JWN), Tiffany & Co. (TIF). Like Macy’s these are common retailers in malls. But unlike Macy’s, these stores are offering consumers who might be scared away by rowdy crowds a more “white glove” experience.
Typically these high-end retailers do not offer promotions during the holidays. Although Saks made an exception last year offering discounts neat 70% off on popular brands, SmartMoney has predicted this year discounts will be “few and far between.” Saks has yet to announce their Black Friday hours.Popular Black Friday AND Cyber Monday Plays: 5. Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates as a retailer in the United States and Canada. Market cap at $6.23B. Sears is offering two waves of doorbusters. The first at 8pm on Thanksgiving, and other at 4am on Black Friday. Sears members can also shop doorbusters online today through Monday. 6. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. Market cap at $231.B. Wal-Mart is discounting products a few hours earlier as they cut prices late on Thanksgiving day. Wal-Mart, Sears, Kmart and Toys R Us will all open stores at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving day. 7. Macy’s, Inc. (M, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates department stores and Internet Web sites in the United States. Market cap at $15.84B. Macy’s has always been a popular shopping destination, especially for the mall scene. The store is a natural beneficiary of the black Friday rush to other popular shops in malls and shopping strips. Macy’s is offering online Black Friday specials online Thursday November 22nd through Saturday November 24th. Stores will open at midnight through 1pm on Friday, November 23rd. Their website features several holiday deals, and a phone app so shoppers can receive in-store alerts on Black Friday specials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV