Popular Black Friday Plays:
Kohl’s is offering deals ahead of Black Friday. Stores open at midnight, and in addition to several door-buster and early-bird sales, customers can shop the online deals as early as Wednesday. They are also offering $15 Kohl’s cash for every $50 purchased on Black Friday.
2. Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates as a retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment products, appliances, and related services primarily in the United States, Europe, Canada, and China. Market cap at $5.13B. Hundreds of shoppers can be seen lined around Best Buy’s stores each Black Friday. Doors open at midnight. 3. Target Corp. (TGT, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates general merchandise stores in the United States. Market cap at $40.89B. Similar to Wal-Mart, Target has several door buster deals and plans to open stores on Thanksgiving day, at 9pm. It has received complaints that their determination to boost sales comes at the expense of their employees’ Thanksgiving evening. Target has responded by claiming their decision to open at 9pm reflects consumers’ preference to shop right after their dinner. They also claim employee preferences are taken into account when scheduling Thanksgiving shifts. 4. Saks Incorporated (SKS, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Operates fashion retail stores in the United States. Market cap at $1.51B. Saks Fifth Avenue represents some of the higher end retailers, including Nordstrom (JWN), Tiffany & Co. (TIF). Like Macy’s these are common retailers in malls. But unlike Macy’s, these stores are offering consumers who might be scared away by rowdy crowds a more “white glove” experience. Typically these high-end retailers do not offer promotions during the holidays. Although Saks made an exception last year offering discounts neat 70% off on popular brands, SmartMoney has predicted this year discounts will be “few and far between.” Saks has yet to announce their Black Friday hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV