Illinois' Metro Unemployment Rates Fall
CHICAGO (AP) â¿¿ Illinois is getting some good news when it comes to metro unemployment numbers.
The state's Department of Employment Security on Wednesday reported that the metro unemployment rates fell statewide in October compared to October 2011. The department says the rates are also at their lowest levels for the month since 2008.
State employment officials say the largest drop was in Rockford, which went from 12.6 percent in October 2011 to 10.8 percent last month. Kankakee-Bradley fell from 11.7 percent to 10.2 percent, while Chicago-Joliet-Naperville declined from 9.8 percent to 8.4 percent.
IDES Director Jay Rowell says the October numbers show that Illinois continues to make steady economic progress.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV