BC-Business News Digest
ON THE MONEY
From websites and apps to advice on whether it's worth driving a few miles to buy cheaper gas, here are some tips on saving money on fuel as you drive to visit the relatives over the holiday weekend. By Energy Writer Jonathan Fahey.
SMALLBIZ-SMALL TALKAfter the crowds have shopped at big stores and malls on Black Friday, small businesses are hoping Saturday will be their day. On "Small Business Saturday," thousands of stores, dry cleaners, spas and other establishments across the country will offer their own discounts and promotions to draw holiday shoppers. Small Business Saturday was created by American Express three years ago as a way to get more consumers to use its cards. Many small businesses do get a sales bump from the day â¿¿ but for some, it's part of a strategy for the whole holiday season. Perhaps more importantly, it's an opportunity to build a corps of customers who will keep coming back year-round. By Business Writer Joyce M. Rosenberg. INSIDER TRADING ARREST NEW YORK â¿¿ The arrest of a former hedge fund portfolio manager in what prosecutors are calling one of the most lucrative insider trading schemes ever indicates that prosecutors may be setting their sights higher â¿¿ toward Steven A. Cohen, one of the nation's wealthiest hedge fund managers and owner of SAC Capital, which the suspect's firm was connected to. By Larry Neumeister. AP photos MACAU-CASINO ECONOMY MACAU â¿¿ A wave of new casino megaresorts that are expected to open in Macau from mid-2015 will only bolster the former Portuguese colony's standing as the world's top gambling market. But they'll also add to the mixed blessing of a transformation that has produced a lopsided economy and society. Property prices have surged and inequality has widened. Some lament the embrace of materialism and the erosion of traditional community values. By Kelvin Chan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV