NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Happy Thanksgiving Dumbest fans! Hopefully you enjoyed a fantastic Turkey Day filled with friends and family, and are now working off all that bird by battling the Black Friday crowds at a mall near you.
And speaking of thankfulness, you know what we here at the Dumbest Lab gave thanks for this Thursday while we were elbows deep in cranberry sauce and walnut stuffing?
You guessed it, the overflowing bounty of dumbness bestowed upon us by our good friends at Hewlett Packard (HPQ).
Yes, the once-proud tech company offered us yet another amen moment this Tuesday when it recorded a non-cash charge of around $8.8 billion related to its purchase of U.K. software maker Autonomy last year. In its conference call, HP said the majority of the impairment "is linked to serious accounting improprieties, disclosure failures and outright misrepresentations" that took place at Autonomy prior to HP's taking it over."These improprieties were discovered through an internal investigation after a senior member of Autonomy's management team came forward following the departure of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV