LSB Industries To Lose $2M Per Week For Plant Work
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) â¿¿ LSB Industries Inc. said Wednesday that it shut down its main ammonia plant for six to eight weeks because of unexpected maintenance work, and the company will lose $2 million a week during the outage.
LSB shares fell $1.90, or 5.6 percent, to $31.80 in afternoon trading.
The company said it had planned to install a new ammonia converter to boost capacity in January, "but this outage began earlier and is likely to be longer" than expected because of a problem with a compressor at the plant in Pryor, Okla.
The company said operating income will fall until production resumes. Last year the company's operating income was $84 million on revenue of $805.3 million.LSB makes heating and air conditioning products for homes and commercial buildings, including geothermal and water-source heat pumps, fan coils and chillers. It also makes chemicals for agricultural, mining and industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV