- New auto loan originations year-to-date through August 2012 totaled more than $283 billion, which is the highest for that timeframe since 2006 ( $297.5 billion).
- The average loan amount ($19,492) for the month of August 2012 stands at a six-year high, and is only exceeded by same-time 2006 ($20,291).
- The most current data shows the number of new auto loans funded by auto finance companies increased 31% from the recession low for the month of August 2009 from 717,600 to more than one million in August 2012, a five-year high.
- The most current data also shows the number of new auto loans funded by bank, savings and loan or credit union reached 984,300 in August 2012, a seven-year high for that month.
Auto Loan Originations At Highest Levels In Five Years, Equifax Reports
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.