- New auto loan originations year-to-date through August 2012 totaled more than $283 billion, which is the highest for that timeframe since 2006 ( $297.5 billion).
- The average loan amount ($19,492) for the month of August 2012 stands at a six-year high, and is only exceeded by same-time 2006 ($20,291).
- The most current data shows the number of new auto loans funded by auto finance companies increased 31% from the recession low for the month of August 2009 from 717,600 to more than one million in August 2012, a five-year high.
- The most current data also shows the number of new auto loans funded by bank, savings and loan or credit union reached 984,300 in August 2012, a seven-year high for that month.
Auto Loan Originations At Highest Levels In Five Years, Equifax Reports
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.