Werner Global Logistics, a subsidiary of transportation and logistics provider Werner Enterprises, has been recognized in a recent edition of Transport Topics. The publication listed its “2012 Top 50 Logistics Companies” with Werner Global Logistics named at number 12.
"What started as a trucking company in 1956 by one man with one truck, has grown into an international transportation and logistics company. We are very proud of our investment and growth in logistics, which has positioned Werner as a leader in that sector," stated Werner President and COO Derek Leathers.
Final standings were based on the net revenue for business generated in North America for the most recent 12-month period. Transport Topics is a leading weekly news source for the trucking and freight transportation industries.
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated van, temperature-controlled and flatbed; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; and expedited services. Werner's Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.Werner Enterprises, Inc.’s common stock trades on The NASDAQ Global Select Market SM under the symbol “WERN”. For further information about Werner, visit the Company’s website at www.werner.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV