3 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, Regions Financial Corporation ( RF) is down $0.10 (-1.5%) to $6.51 on light volume Thus far, 2.3 million shares of Regions Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $6.51-$6.63 after having opened the day at $6.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.61. Regions Financial Corporation operates as the holding company for Regions Bank that provides a range of commercial, retail, and mortgage banking services in the United States. Regions Financial Corporation has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 53.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Regions Financial Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Regions Financial Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Get the full Regions Financial Corporation Ratings Report now. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts