1. As of noon trading, Waste Management ( WM) is up $0.22 (0.7%) to $32.04 on average volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Waste Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.70-$32.10 after having opened the day at $31.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.82. Waste Management, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides waste management services to residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers in North America. It offers collection, transfer, recycling, and disposal services. Waste Management has a market cap of $14.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Waste Management a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Waste Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Waste Management Ratings Report now. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the materials & construction industry could consider SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF ( XHB) while those bearish on the materials & construction industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts