NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Hey shoppers! It's your favorite time of year. Sales are EVERYWHERE. From enticing window displays to unbeatable deals, everything is inviting you to buy. It's easy to get carried away. But, hey, at least you're helping the economy.
If you're tempted to open your wallet, you're not alone. U.S. holiday spending is expected to increase 4.5% this year, according to recent research from FTI Consulting, which notes that consumer confidence is approximately 25% higher entering the 2012 holiday season than it was a year ago.
It just keeps getting easier. The shopping game forever changed with the advent of the Internet. Hello, impulse buys! And now there are mobile apps to help you find great items while you're on the go. Did you expect retailers to make it difficult for you?
With so many spending options, making purchases can get complicated. How are you going to decide which shoes to buy? Don't worry, though - The Street is here to help you. These five mobile apps will help you find the best items, while saving money and time. And downloading these apps won't cost you a dime. They're all free!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV