Cramer commended Hill for all he's done at Commerce Bank and now Metro Bank and recommended his book as a must-read.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said that while investors are going gaga over possible turnarounds at Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Nokia (NOK) and Research In Motion (RIMM), they forget about another important turnaround player, Alcatel-Lucent (ALU).
Cramer reminded viewers that back in the day, Lucent was the hottest thing in technology and included the old Bell Labs, the brains behind all that was AT&T (T). The company had thousands of patents and traded upwards of $80 a share.
But then, in the blink of an eye, technology and innovation passed Alcatel-Lucent by. The company's technology was no longer state of the art and its patents were nearly worthless. The company fell into a death spiral ala Kodak and now pins its hopes on yet another lifeline loan. Its shares trade around $1 a share.Cramer said there's only been one successful technology turnaround in recent years, and that was Sprint Nextel. Nokia, HP and RIMM, said Cramer, will not be the next Sprint. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV