FedEx has other trends pulling in its favor including a dwindling U.S. Postal Service and an uptick in China. Cramer noted that FedEx derives 30% of its revenue from overseas.
Shares of FedEx are now trading at just 11 times earnings, a full 20% below that of rival UPS (UPS), and are now trading at levels below where FedEx first announced its restructuring plans.
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Vernon Hill, vice-chairman and co-founder of the privately held, London-based Metro Bank. Hill was also the founder of the highly successful Commerce Bank and is the author of a new book, Fans! Not Customers: How To Create Growth Companies In A No Growth World. Hill said Metro Bank is the first new bank in London since 1830 and is already a major disrupter in the industry. The company is making banking fun in what is otherwise a troubled market. Hill said banking, like retail, is all about the experience, which is why price is not the only thing that matters. Hill described the four stages rival banks go through when dealing with Metro Bank. First they feel Metro is too small to worry about. Second, they concede that Metro is winning new accounts, but not those that really matter. Third, Hill said rivals argue that "once they get big, they'll become as bad as we are." Finally, there's an "Oh my God" moment. Hill said Metro plans on taking the bank public in 2014. When asked about what the looming fiscal cliff means for America, Hill said he's scared that our country may lose a big part of its American Dream. He said as the regulators work on reeling in the big banks, they risk destroying the regional banks, which are the drivers of that dream.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV