TEMPE, Ariz., Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Four US Airways (NYSE: LCC) flight attendants each took home $10,000 after their sky-high customer service efforts earned them an entry into the airline's "Above and Beyond" employee recognition program drawing. The four flight attendants each received a portion of the more than $260,000 that US Airways awards to 360 employees each quarter for delivering outstanding service to not only the airline's customers, but to fellow colleagues.
The Above and Beyond program allows US Airways' most frequent flyers (Dividend Miles Silver, Platinum, Gold and Chairman's Preferred members) and its employees at the manager level and above to submit coupons recognizing employees for providing excellent customer service in the air and on the ground. All coupons received are entered in a drawing and each quarter US Airways awards:
- 10 employees $10,000 each;
- 100 employees $1,000 each; and
- 250 employees $250 each.
"Each quarter, our Above and Beyond program highlights some of US Airways' best employees who provide exceptional service to our customers and fellow employees," said US Airways' Chairman and CEO Doug Parker. "Employees like these who go the extra mile provide our customers with a great experience and help us run a great airline."Since the program's inception in 2006, the airline has received more than 285,000 A&B coupons and has awarded nearly $7 million to more than 8,750 employees. US Airways congratulates the following $10,000 recipients. Below is a list of comments from managers and customers received during the third quarter drawing:
- Philadelphia Flight Attendant: "Very helpful and accommodating. Thanks!"
- Charlotte, N.C. Flight Attendant: "Excellent assistance to customer during boarding."
- Philadelphia Flight Attendant: "Provided outstanding service in the Envoy transatlantic business class cabin on our flight to Philadelphia. He was always attentive and made sure all of our needs were met."
- Charlotte, N.C. Flight Attendant: "Extremely professional."
- Los Angeles Customer Service Agent: "Received a compliment from passengers thanking us for your help!"
- Phoenix Customer Service Agent: "Good flight. Arrived safely, smooth takeoff and landing on time. Thanks!"
- Charlotte, N.C. Fleet Service Agent: "Added nine minutes back into a quick turn to get a flight back out in time."
- Phoenix Fleet Service Agent: "Thank you for your help with the Seattle flight."
- Charlotte, N.C. LAN Support Technician: "Thanks for bringing the New Orleans station back online after Hurricane Isaac. Great job!"
- New York City-LaGuardia Mechanic: "Expedited aircraft engine panel repair and avoided flight delay and cancellation."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts