MCLEAN, Va. , Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Freddie Mac (OTC: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey ® (PMMS ® ), showing fixed mortgage rates finding new record lows for the second consecutive week keeping borrowing costs attractive to support the ongoing housing recovery. News Facts
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.31 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending November 21, 2012, down from last week when it averaged 3.34 percent. Last year at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.98 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 2.63 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.65 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.30 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.74 percent this week with an average 0.6 point , the same as last week. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.91 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.56 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.55 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.79 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions . Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.
Attributed to Frank Nothaft, vice president and chief economist, Freddie Mac."Fixed mortgage rates continued to ease somewhat this week to record lows and should help the ongoing housing recovery. Already, new construction on homes was up 3.6 percent in October to the strongest pace since July 2008. In November, homebuilder confidence rose for the sixth straight month to its highest reading since June 2006 according to the NAHB/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index. And existing home sales increased 2.1 percent in October to an annualized pace of 4.79 million, exceeding the market consensus forecast." Get the latest infor mation from Freddie Mac's Office of the Chief Economist on Twitter : @FreddieMac Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Today Freddie Mac is making home possible for one in four homebuyers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. www.FreddieMac.com. SOURCE Freddie Mac
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV