Mont. Coal Mine's Future Uncertain As Layoffs Loom
Ambre claims in countersuit that Cloud Peak is trying to close down Decker in order to eliminate competition for its nearby Spring Creek Mine, which has increased production in recent years in part due to more coal exports to Asia.
Ambre contends Decker operated at a "significant profit" prior to 2009, and that there are tens of millions of tons of coal still in place at the mine site that could be economically extracted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV