Zale (ZLC), the jewelry retailer, reported a wider-than-expected fiscal first-quarter loss on Tuesday. Zale said it expects to be profitable for fiscal 2013. Shares plunged 30%.
Scholastic (SCHL), the publishing company, lowered its fiscal-year outlook after Tuesday's closing bell.
Scholastic shares plummeted 18.2%.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) shares advanced 2.6% after announcing that it has added an additional $100 million to the existing $100 million repurchase plan previously announced on Oct. 18.Cirrus Logic (CRUS) shares bumped up 2.7% after the board of the high-precision analog and digital signal processing components supplier approved $200 million in share buybacks. --Written by Andrea Tse and Joe Deaux in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV