Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation (NYSE: NOR) announced that on Tuesday, November 20, 2012, United Steelworkers of America (“USW”) members at its rolling mill in Salisbury, North Carolina ratified a new four-year contract. The contract covers approximately 90% of the workforce in Salisbury.
“We deeply value our Salisbury employees and their contributions to their families, their community, and our customers,” said Layle K. “Kip” Smith, Noranda’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We recognize the commitment to Salisbury’s sustainability and potential growth that this new contract reflects from both the USW and Noranda negotiating teams. This contract achieves Noranda’s goals of rewarding Salisbury employees for their accomplishments, making the plant a safer place, and positioning the business to prosper amidst challenging economic conditions and ever-increasing domestic and global competition.”
About the Company
Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation is a leading North American integrated producer of value-added primary aluminum products, as well as high quality rolled aluminum coils. Noranda is a public company affiliated with its private equity sponsor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV