- Use only one card for all online purchases. Ensure it’s one with a very low monthly balance of $500 or less and that has fraud protection. In addition, also monitor your statements on a regular basis, monthly at a minimum.
- Avoid making purchases or transmitting info over public Wi-Fi networks, as they can offer hackers easy access to data
- Equip mobile devices such as laptops, tablets and smartphones with access passwords and remote locking or wiping capabilities in the event they are lost or stolen
- Shop only from trusted brand-name merchants who use SSL protocol
- Install a simple-to-use, 100% free but highly effective security solution such as AVG Internet Security 2013 for your computer or AVG Mobilation for your smartphone.
AVG Releases Five Tips For Cyber Monday
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts