The cloud computing specialist brought in revenue of $788 million, a 35% hike on the equivalent quarter last year. Excluding items, Salesforce.com earned 33 cents a share.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 32 cents a share and revenue of $776.12 million.
Shares of HP (HPQ), which plunged 11.95% during Tuesday's session, crept up 0.51% to $11.77 in premarket trading on Wednesday.Early on Tuesday, the No.1 PC maker reported its fourth-quarter results, which included an $8.8 billion write-down related to its purchase of Autonomy last year. The tech giant said that most of the impairment charge is linked to "serious accounting improprieties, disclosure failures and outright misrepresentations" at Autonomy that occurred prior to HP's acquisition of the company. Shares of Apple (AAPL), which has announced a Black Friday sales event on Nov. 23, rose 0.35% to reach $562.90 before market open. Sirius XM (SIRI) shares rose 0.34% to $2.78 in premarket trading, while Facebook (FB) was up 0.35% to $23.18. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV