Use Zuckerberg as a symbol for what Andreessen is bullish on. Not just Facebook, but "mobile tech" in general. You will be caught with your pants down in 2013 if you bet against mobile.
4. Buy Apple (AAPL).
The holiday quarter should break records.
The writing continues to collect on the wall. Monday, in Apple: Here's Why the Stock Will Go on an Epic Run, I laid out some of the support. People are buying Apple products in lieu of pretty much everything else everybody else is selling.Then, on Tuesday, Nielsen reported that, among 6- to 12-year-old American children, 48% expressed interest in an iPad over the next six months. That tops the list. Thirty-six percent want an iPod Touch; 36% want an iPad Mini; 33% want an iPhone; 31% want a "computer" (gee, I wonder what kind). The only other things that come close -- gaming consoles at 39%, 31%, 29%, 28%, 26% and 25%. Twenty-nine percent of these youngsters long for a "Tablet computer other than an iPad," however a scant 6% are asking for Microsoft's (MSFT) Surface tablet. Given to wider ranging tastes, the percentages are smaller for persons 13+, however Apple still leads the pack with 21% noting they have an interest in buying an iPad over the next six months. Eighteen percent will look at another type of tablet, while 14% will consider iPhone and 11% an iPad mini. Heading into Apple's late-January first quarter earnings release or shortly thereafter (but probably before), I would take some (or all) profits in Apple and wait to see what happens, if anything, with Apple TV in 2013. Follow @rocco_thestreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV