SHENZHEN, China, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- China BAK Battery, Inc. ("China BAK", the "Company", or "we") (Nasdaq: CBAK), a leading global manufacturer of lithium-based battery cells, announced today that its board of directors has appointed Dr. Martha C. Agee as an independent director, a member of each of the Audit, Compensation and Nominating and Corporate Governance Committees and Chair of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, effective November 15, 2012.
Dr. Agee is a financial and legal expert with extensive business experience. She is a frequent speaker on a broad range of business and legal topics. Dr. Agee is currently a senior lecturer of business law at Hankamer School of Business of Baylor University where she teaches courses in the Legal Environment of Business, International Business Law, and Healthcare Law & Ethics for graduate and undergraduate students.
"We are extremely pleased to welcome Dr. Agee to our Board. Dr. Agee brings academic and professional US legal and business experience and we are confident she will help the Company sharpen its strategic direction, corporate governance and other critical aspects of its business in coming years." said Mr.
Xiangqian Li, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of China BAK.
About China BAK Battery, Inc .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV