Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that an affiliate of the company has formed a joint venture with an affiliate of Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. to develop and operate a 131-unit Hyatt Residence Club resort in Maui, Hawaii on Ka’anapali Beach. A Hyatt affiliate will invest approximately $40 million in the vacation ownership property. Expected to open in 2014, Hyatt Ka’anapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club will be the first Hyatt Residence Club property in Hawaii, and will join 15 other Hyatt Residence Clubs throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
“The development of Hyatt Ka’anapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club presents a remarkable opportunity to expand the Hyatt Residence Club system to include one of the most desirable vacation ownership destinations,” said John Burlingame, global head of residential development for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “Ka’anapali Beach is one of Hawaii’s most beautiful areas, and we believe that Hyatt Ka’anapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club will be a highly sought after addition to the Hyatt Residence Club system. Host Hotels and Resorts is a best-in-class owner, and we look forward to building upon our already long term relationship with the company.”
Located along Maui’s western shore on Ka’anapali Beach, Hyatt Ka’anapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club will offer 131 units, including 19 one-bedroom units, 100 two-bedroom units, and 12 three-bedroom units. Additional features will include an 8,000 sq ft (743 sq m) open-air lobby, a retail store, a 75-seat casual dining restaurant, a pool with a pool bar and a multi-level pool deck, and a 3,300 sq ft (306 sq m) fitness center. Hyatt Ka’anapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club will be located near Hyatt Regency Maui, an 806-room destination resort surrounded by 40 acres of beachfront landscape.
Hyatt Residence Club provides vacation ownership opportunities in regionally inspired residential-style properties. Hyatt Residence Club members are automatically entitled to all the privileges of membership in the Hyatt Gold Passport® frequent guest program, as well as access to the Interval International network of more than 2,600 resorts worldwide; Gold Passport points earned at Hyatt Residence Club properties are also accepted at all Hyatt-branded hotels worldwide. Additionally, members of the Hyatt Residence Club can convert their ownership to points and stay at any location in the Hyatt Residence Club system, all offering the world-class, authentic hospitality for which Hyatt is known.Hyatt Residence Club properties include:
- Hyatt Pinon Pointe - Sedona, Ariz.
- Highlands Inn - Carmel, Calif.
- Northstar Lodge - Truckee, Calif.
- Hyatt Grand Aspen - Aspen, Colo.
- Hyatt Mountain Lodge - Avon, Colo.
- Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek - Avon, Colo.
- Hyatt Main Street Station - Breckenridge, Colo.
- Hyatt Siesta Key Beach - Siesta Key, Fla.
- Hyatt Coconut Plantation - Bonita Springs, Fla.
- Hyatt Beach House - Key West, Fla.
- Hyatt Sunset Harbor - Key West, Fla.
- Hyatt Windward Pointe - Key West, Fla.
- Hyatt High Sierra Lodge - Incline Village, Nev.
- Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar - Dorado, Puerto Rico
- Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch - San Antonio, Tex.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV